Never Pay for Student Loan Help.
It’s Available for Free from Your Student Loan Servicer!
The Department of Education has assigned Nelnet to service your student loan, meaning we are here to help you on your repayment journey – for free! When it comes to your student loans, we help:
- Answer any questions you have about your loans
- Find out what payment plans you qualify for and help you find the plan that best meets your budget
- Process your payment
Warning Signs of Fraudulent Companies
Businesses claiming to offer “student debt relief” are employing many of the same tactics to lure borrowers into a “too good to be true” debt relief scheme. Be on the lookout for these warning signs:
- You’re told you can cancel your current debt or immediately lower your repayment – but only for a fee.
- The company claims to be associated with Nelnet or the Department of Education and asks for information that your servicer should already have.
- You’re asked to sign a power of attorney or third-party authorization turning over control of your account.
Free Options to Help Manage Your Student Loan Payments
When it comes to your monthly payments, there are several options for making it more manageable.
- Learn more about plans to help lower your monthly payments.
- Income-driven repayment plans offer a wide variety of repayment options and types. Explore these on our website, or contact us for more information.
- You can often lower your interest rate if you sign up for auto debit.
- Discover benefits available to servicemembers.
- Explore loan forgiveness options.
Just remember – we’re here to help. Contact us anytime.