Trouble Logging In?
We’re sorry you’re experiencing a problem logging into your account. Please refer to the login guide below, or call us at 888.486.4722 for assistance.
Locked out of your account?
If you entered your password incorrectly, after three attempts you are locked out of your account for one hour to protect your account information. Follow the instructions below to unlock your account and create a new password:
- You may wait at least one hour before attempting to log in again. If you choose to wait, we recommend working through the Forgot Password process:
- Enter your username at Nelnet.com, and when prompted for your password, click Forgot Password.
- If you don’t remember your username, click Forgot Username under the login at Nelnet.com.
- Follow the guided instructions to reset your login credentials.
Forgot your username?
- Click Forgot Username on the left.
- Enter the requested information (all fields are required), and click Request Username.
- (In some cases:) Answer your security question and click Continue.
- Your username will be provided on the next page. Click Log In to sign in to your account.
You receive a message stating your username is invalid.
- Click Forgot Username located on the left and enter the requested information to make sure you’re using the correct username.
- If your username still does not work after completing the Forgot Username workflow, click Forgot Password and enter the requested information.
- If you are still unable to access your account, call us at 888.486.4722, and we’ll verify that we have your correct information.
You don’t recognize your security image.
- If you don’t recognize the security image on the Enter Password page, you may have entered a username that does not belong to you. Click Back to Login to enter your username again, or click the Forgot Username link.
Setting up an account for the first time?
Forgot your password?
- Enter your username on the left and click Log In.
- Click Forgot Password on the password page.
- Enter the requested information (all fields are required).
- Create a new password, retype it, and click Continue.
Choosing a secure password
Your Nelnet.com password is case-sensitive and must include a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Learn more about what makes a secure password by viewing the FAQ “How do I set up an online account?”
If you requested that we send you your password
If you requested that we email your password to you but you haven’t yet received it, check your junk folder. Sometimes auto-replies are directed to your junk or spam mailbox folder, depending on your email security settings. (Note: To make sure you receive all emails related to your account, we recommend you add Admin@Nelnet.net as a trusted address.)