What to Expect When it’s Time to Start Making Payments
Have you already started making payments on your student loan, or will you soon? Below are quick and simple ways to manage your student loan account and make sure you’re aware of all your loans’ balances, due dates, and other details.
- Log in to your Nelnet.com account to update your contact information and see due dates, regular monthly payment amounts, and repayment plan options.
- See if you have loans with other servicers besides Nelnet. Find out at NSLDS.ed.gov. You’ll need an FSA ID.
- Enroll in eStatements to save paper and stay organized – you’ll receive an email when a new statement is ready. Your statements are saved (for up to 12 months) for you to access and print.
- Consider making automatic monthly payments with auto debit to ensure your payments arrive on time. You may even qualify for a .25% interest rate reduction*
- Don’t miss a payment – sign up to receive text message alerts when your payment is due.
- Download the Nelnet mobile app, available in the iTunes Store and on Google Play for your smartphone to manage your Nelnet student loan account on the go.
*Nelnet services loans for many lenders, and not all lenders offer the interest rate discount. Your lender may modify or terminate its borrower benefit program at its discretion and without prior notice. Your failure to satisfy eligibility requirements may result in the loss of the benefit.